Parent Support Worker
Hi, I’m Miss Mitchell the Parent Support Worker (PSW).
As the PSW I am here to work with and support you with any issues you have regarding your child or children or any aspect of parenting.I can provide:
- A listening ear
- One-to-one support
- Signposting to other services
- Coffee Mornings – Informal sessions for parents to meet, have a chat and find out information on various topics
- Help with paperwork and filling in forms
- Advice, information and support in areas such as; transitions, attendance, punctuality and understanding the curriculum
My main focus is to:
- Offer parents support and information: Supporting parents by helping them to improve their parenting skills, for example by providing appropriate information, courses or referrals.
- Enhance parental engagement with their child’s learning: To work with parents in a school context, supporting them and building their engagement with their child’s learning.
Some examples of things I have done are; helping parents to complete various paperwork such as benefits forms, housing forms and the online school application form, directed parents to specialist support for parents with children with a disability, referring parents for support with parenting and to parenting programmes, issued food bank vouchers and signposting parents to organisations that can help with their immigration status.
I hold Coffee Mornings with various themes ranging from job search to phonics, these are always publicised well and parents are informed of dates and themes in advance. All parents are welcome to attend.
If you would like to speak to me I am in the playground every morning, alternatively you can ask for me at the school office, or you can e-mail me email@example.com