Assistant Headteacher - Wednesday 19th September 2018
Assistant Headteacher required for January 2019
LEADERSHIP SCALE L7 – L11
Due to the promotion of the current postholder to headship, we are looking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to take our school forward on its journey towards Outstanding.
We work collaboratively with the Merton Deanery Catholic schools, Teach Wimbledon and the Mitcham Town Community Trust, through which study at Masters Level is provided. We are a partnership school with Maths NoProblem, offer school to school support in regard to C.P.A mathematical approaches and assist local schools to improve their approaches in teaching and learning.
Assistant Headteacher: Learning and Teaching
Responsible for ensuring the continued improvement of the standards of both Core and Foundation Subjects, ensuring the highest quality of teaching approaches, to ensure the greatest impact upon learning and outcomes for children. The role is greater than simply guiding Teaching and Learning. It encompasses the development of the whole school too.
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced teachers, advisers and subject leaders to further develop their leadership skills to impact directly upon outcomes for children.
We can offer you the following:
- a friendly and welcoming team
- a co-constructed curriculum that is based upon children’s interests;
- a clear focus upon the principles of Assessment for Learning;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- a well-connected and collaboratively-minded school
- a strong and committed local authority
- an attractive Inner London salary.
We wish to appoint:
- a practising Catholic or someone committed to supporting our school’s ethos;
- a practitioner to lead children’s learning with energy and enthusiasm;
- someone who cares about children’s learning, behaviour and emotional wellbeing;
- a great team player with high standards and a positive outlook;
- someone who is a successful classroom practitioner with a strong record of achievement and success and with an attitude to improve pedagogy.
If you require further details and/or a further discussion about how you could be the school’s next Assistant Headteacher, please arrange a visit to the school – please contact Finoula Quinn, School Business Manager 020 8648 1459, or email the school, email@example.com, to arrange a visit or an application pack.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 11th October 2018 @ 12.00 midday
Shortlisting: Friday 12th October 2018 @ 1.30pm
Interview Date: Wednesday 17th October 2018
SS Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. As such we implement all elements of the safer recruitment process, and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced DBS check and references.
Applications close Friday 12th October 2018